The value of the doTERRA Home Essentials Starter Pack
The Home Essentials Starter Pack bundles doTERRA’s pick of the ten most useful first oils and blends with a petal diffuser, and it’s one of our most popular starter packs. In terms of value, it’s one of the most cost effective ways of buying these oils with doTERRA’s most popular diffuser. Most doTERRA N.Z. starter packs are on special until the end of May 2019 – you can see pricing and the product pages for kits here.
This post is designed to give you an overview of each of the oils in the kit with video clips of the possible uses.
The doTERRA Home Essentials Starter Pack includes the following products:
- doTERRA Frankincense essential oil
- doTERRA Lavender essential oil
- doTERRA Lemon essential oil
- doTERRA Oregano essential oil
- doTERRA Peppermint essential oil
- doTERRA Tea Tree (Melaleuca) essential oil
- doTERRA DigestZen oil blend
- doTERRA Easy Air oil blend
- doTERRA Ice Blue oil blend
- doTERRA On Guard oil blend
- doTERRA Petal Diffuser
Single Oils in the Home Essentials Starter Pack
The Home Essentials Starter Pack includes six essential oils that can be used regularly around the home.
Nourishes the blood and brain, beautifies skin, supports immunity, helps aches and pains. Frankincense is known as the “king of oils”.
Lavender is a versatile oil that has powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, sedative, calming and anti-depressive properties. It’s known use, cosmetically and therapeutically, dates back to the ancient Egyptians.
Lavender has a range of modern uses, including:
- reducing anxiety and stress
- improving sleep
- as a soothing agent for irritated skin – bee stings, insect bites and burns
- improving skin complexion and reducing acne
- relieving headaches and pain generally
LIVE: The Best Essential Oil for Relaxation and Reducing Stress
Posted by Dr. Josh Axe on Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Lemons and lemon essential oil have been used for a wide range of uses in Ayurvedic medicine for at least 1,000 years and their health benefits are well established scientifically. Lemon is best known for its ability to cleanse the body of toxins, rejuvenate energy, purify skin and fight bacteria and fungi. Research shows that lemon oil is high in antioxidants.
Lemon oil is one of the more versatile essential oils it’s well known uses include:
- Improving digestion when taken internally or as part of an abdominal massage.
- Nourishes skin – can reduce acne and skin damage and hydrate the skin.
- Popular as part of a weight loss or cleansing regime. Studies have shown that lemon oil can stimulate the metabolism as well as the lymphatic system (helping the body cleanse itself of waste and toxins).
- The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of lemon oil can boost oral health and relieve cough symptoms.
- The anti-microbial properties of lemon oil make it an effective, natural and versatile cleaner around the home.
Discover the surprising benefits of lemons, lemon oil, and lemon water, and the 8 ways you MUST use lemon on a regular basis!
Posted by Dr. Josh Axe on Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Oregano is an oil that you might consider as a powerful alternative to pharmacological antibiotics, but without the side effects of pharmaceuticals; such as antibiotic resistance, depletion of gut bacteria, reduced vitamin absorption etc.
Common conditions treated with oregano include:
- Athlete’s foot or fungus
- Common cold
- Gingivitus (gum inflammation), toothaches and ear aches
- Digestive problems
Oregano is a hot oil and care should be taken when it is applied topically or taken internally. You will generally want to dilute Oregano with a carrier oil for topical use and take it in a veggie capsule for internal use.
Peppermint is another versatile oil which can be used aromatically, topically and internally. It has significant antimicrobial and antiviral properties and is often applied for the following uses:
- muscle aches and pain relief generally
- allergy symptoms, such as hay fever
- boosting energy and alertness
- reducing the effect of digestive problems
- cooling the body
doTERRA Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
Tea Tree oil is a common ingredient in formulations used to treat infections and has natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Numerous medical studies have documented the ability of Melaleuca to kill many strains of bacteria, virii and fungi.
Tea tree is used in a range of products to:
- Fight acne, soothe skin irritations and improve dry scalp
- Fight bacterial, fungal and viral infections. Used with Oregano as an alternative to pharmaceutical antibiotics
- Treat head lice – research has showed 100% mortality of head lice within 30 minutes of exposure to Tea Tree oil alone. Tea Tree oils has also been shown to be effective against scabies both on top of, and under, the skin.
- Improves bad breath – the antimicrobial properties kill bacteria at the back of the tongue, throat and tonsils. As a rule, Tea Tree oil for this use should be gargled, not swallowed.
Oil Blends in the Home Essentials Starter Pack
The Home Essentials Starter Pack includes four oil blends that can be used regularly around the home.
A digestive blend of seven pure oils to ease digestive discomfort, ease motion sickness or nausea. Use for comfortable digestion at mealtimes.
doTERRA Easy Air (Breathe)
A blend of pure oils to nourish the lungs and sinuses. Diffuse at night for healthy and restful breathing, or use on feet for seasonal respiratory discomfort.
doTERRA Ice Blue (Deep Blue)
A blend of pure oils to nourish muscles and joints. Apply to tired and aching joints, rub on arms and legs before and after exercise, use for deep tissue massage.
doTERRA On Guard
a protective blend, can be used as mouth rinse, diffused for airborne threats or applied to spine or bottom of feet. Contains nature’s most powerful anti-oxidant (clove oil).
doTERRA Petal Diffuser
The Petal is doTERRA’s most popular NZ diffuser. It is a good general purpose diffuser at a very affordable price. It can effectively diffuse doTERRA oils and blends in a room up to 30 square metres. It comes with a warm white LED backlight and can be used in bedrooms and living areas alike.
Last updated 1 year ago by Richard