Description - doTERRA Frankincense essential oil
Frankincense, also known as Olibanum, has been burned as incense in religious ceremonies since the time of the Babylonians and Assyrians, and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. Its soothing and beautifying properties are used to revitalise the appearance of skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections when applied topically. When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense essential oil promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall spiritual and emotional wellness.
doTERRA Frankincense essential oil is a blend of four species of the Boswellia tree; sourced as part of its co-impact sourcing initiative, direct from the growers in Oman (Boswellia sacra), Ethiopia (Boswellia papyrifera) and Somaliland (Boswellia carterii, Boswellia frereana).
- Rub Frankincense essential oil on your hands after a long day of gardening for a soothing effect.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Massage on the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Add 1 or 2 drops to food.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Aroma promotes feelings of relaxation.
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections when applied topically.
Distilled from resin
α-pinene, limonene, α-thujene