Description - doTERRA Ylang Ylang essential oil
Similar to Jasmine, Ylang Ylang has been used for centuries in religious and wedding ceremonies. In Aromatherapy, Ylang Ylang is used to promote emotional well-being. Ylang Ylang and Cananga are frequently used in premium hair and skin products for their scent and to restore beauty and lustre. Ylang Ylang blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit, and Vetiver.
What Is the Difference Between Ylang Ylang and Cananga?
The primary difference in the essential oil of the two varieties is that Cananga has higher amounts of the chemical constituent Beta-caryophyllene. Beta-caryophyllene supports healthy cellular function, and is especially soothing to the skin. It also supports healthy nervous and immune function.
- Relax in a bath with Ylang Ylang and Epsom Salts.
- Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using Ylang Ylang essential oil.
- Put on your wrists for a sweet, floral perfume.
- Add Ylang Ylang to a carrier oil for a deep hair conditioner.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Food additive use: Add 1 or 2 drops to food.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional cautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Promotes appearance of healthy skin and hair when applied topically.
- Provides and uplifting aroma while promoting a sense of calmness when diffused.
Germacrene, β-Caryophyllene, Farnesene