Description - doTERRA Green Mandarin essential oil
Green Mandarin essential oil is pressed from the unripened fruit of the mandarin tree, while Red Mandarin essential oil comes from a more mature fruit. Green Mandarin is known for its soothing properties for the nervous system and can be supportive of healthy digestive function. Limonene, one of the main chemical components of Green Mandarin essential oil, is renowned for its surface cleansing properties. Limonene may also help support cellular function, along with γ-Terpinene. Green Mandarin may provide antioxidant support and help support cardiovascular health.
Chemistry of Green Mandarin Oil
From a chemical standpoint, Green Mandarin stands out from other citrus oils due to its lower concentration of limonene, offering instead a proportionally higher concentration of gamma-Terpinene. Because of this, Green Mandarin may share some beneficial properties with Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil, such as being protective against environmental threats and great for skin and hair care. doTERRA Green Mandarin is the only citrus oil without a photosensitivity warning. That’s because it does not contain any measurable furanocoumarins, which are present in small amounts in all other citrus oils.
- Incorporate Green Mandarin in your home as a food preservative or dilute it in a spray bottle to clean the surfaces of your kitchen.
- May help soothe the nervous system when taken internally.
- Incorporate into your oral hygiene routine to promote healthy-looking teeth.
- Take one to two drops to help support healthy immune function and response.
- Diffuse with Basil, Sandalwood, Lavender, or Spearmint to experience the positive emotional benefits of these essential oils.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 120mL of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Supports healthy nervous, digestive, and respiratory systems
- Soothing and uplifting when diffused
- Helps maintain healthy immune function
Citrus, fruit, slightly sweet and floral